Thursday, August 27, 2009

What to Eat During Cancer Treatment


I was on the American Cancer Society web site today doing some research and I came across this great book for anyone going through cancer treatment. I wish I had known about it when I was going through chemo. I am going to order a copy to send to my sister-in-law. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been visiting her the last two week, that is why I have been out of touch.


(This is a small synopsis of the book.)

If you or someone you care about is going through cancer treatment or experiencing other health problems that make eating difficult, this cookbook will make life a whole lot easier. Inside you will find 100 fast, flavorful recipes, all organized by side effects, including recipes to deal with nausea, diarrhea, constipation, sore mouth, difficulty swallowing, taste alterations, and unintentional weight loss.

Includes 6 special bonus sections, including advice for the caregiver, tips to make eating out easier, a kitchen staples list, advice on avoiding weight gain during treatment and tips on assembling a take-along food "survival kit", as well as a helpful list of organizations that provide information on nutrition and cancer.

The book sells for $19.95 and looks like it will be well worth the money. This price includes the shipping to domestic addresses. Makes it even a better buy.
I am putting in a link to the direct order page.

Take advantage of this and I hope it will help you get through the rough times during chemo treatment.

Good health to us all,

Leigh


anyone interested in Vintage Cookbooks, I have a bunch for sell in my eBay store,

Decor, Glass and Home. The money goes to help pay my medical bills from my breast cancer.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your feelings on this blog and any addition information you may have.