Monday, April 27, 2009

Cancer Patients - Swine Flu - Take Precautions - Stay Safe

There has been much news yesterday and today about the SWINE FLU coming up from Mexico.

As a Cancer Patient you must be more diligent than most when you hear about this type of breakout.

Take extra precaution when out in public. If you see someone is coughing or sneezing try to stay as far away from them as possible and cover your mouth and nose. This will help keep you from breathing in anything they may be coughing or sneezing out.

I know that if your blood white count is low you should not be out in a crowd but sometimes you just have to be there. (doctor's offices, testing facilities, etc.) WEAR A MASK!!! My doctor told me that I did not need to wear my mask at her office even if my white count was low. Even people with cancer do get colds and the flu. Should you take a chance. I say NO! When I was taking chemo my white counts dropped down to 500. I wore my mask anytime I left my house or when company was coming over.

Little children can be some of the most contagious because they are exposed to other kids at daycare and school. When your grandchild comes up to give you a hug, do you push him away. I don't think so. If you have explained to him that you have to wear the mask to get better he will understand and my grandson told me it was the most important thing I could do. GET WELL! (I love that little guy) I even let him draw funny pictures on some of mine to make it easier for him.

Even the most well meaning neighbor or friend can have a sniffle. Protect yourself.

The Swine Flu has already caused many deaths in Mexico and there are many cases being reported in the US and the World.

Sanitize, Wash Hands, keep from touching eyes and mouth, and cover your mouth with a tissue if you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue away.

Protect Yourself and the best of health to you all.

for more information go here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your feelings on this blog and any addition information you may have.