Monday, June 15, 2009

Good Exercise is Important for Cancer Health! Try Golf!





One of the things my doctors told me during my fight with cancer is to try to stay active. They said this would help with depression and muscle aches.




Well, I did not because I felt so bad and was that a mistake. I had no energy, felt washed out, and generally felt like crap. Sorry about the language but that was how I felt.

My sister asked me one day to come out and play some golf with her. She had just had gastric bypass surgery and needed to walk everyday. She hated just walking down the block and she used to play golf occasionally so she thought she could get her exercise that way.


I had never played golf and really did not care to learn but I wanted to support her in any way that I could so I said OK.

Well, I found out something out there on the golf course. It made me feel better to get out of the house and walk around and get some fresh air.


Now I may not be Tiger Woods, but my sister and I both are enjoying getting a little exercise and sunshine. Yes we take our time, drink lots of water and we don't do 18 holes. But who cares, we are having a good time and feeling better.

Since I don't know a lot about golf I decided to check out some of the information on the web and found this great site called http://www.golf.todays-tips.com/ and they have some great information. They have the basics for people like me and videos for improving your swing, curing your slice, chip shots and my favorite, getting out of the bunker. The also have information on Golf health, Golf Vacations and Golf Equipment.

I am improving every time we play and I have two ladies joining us this week from my cancer support group. They thought it sounded like lots of fun and wanted to try.

Ladies, whether it is golf, tennis, swimming or just walking around the block, Get out of the House! If you are feeling bad, it will make you feel better. I wear my wide brimmed hat and lots of sunscreen, light weight clothing and get out there and go.

Don't worry about your score, remember it is just a game and HAVE FUN!!!!


Health and Happiness to everyone, Leigh












No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your feelings on this blog and any addition information you may have.