Monday, July 11, 2011

Femara, Breast Cancer Medication, Replacement Success!



After Femara was dropped from the Patient Assistance Program of Novartis and I found out that the generic, Letrozole, cost $446.00 for a 30 day supply, I thought I would have to stop taking it. I searched all over locally and on the web for a reasonable price for the generic replacement of Femara. Let me tell you some of the things I found out.


All the major Pharmacies in my area, even the local drug store, all were over priced. On the web you will find list after list of Canadian Pharmacies that sell in the U.S. The online prices ran for a 90 day supply anywhere from $72.00 to $320.00. I just received my 180 day supply and it only cost me $55.00. If you have no insurance or meet their income requirements and can not afford your medications see if you qualify at RX Outreach.

The forms can be downloaded from the site and they cover many medications (not just cancer medications). Perhaps you will find you can save money there.


I hope this information helps some of you with the cost of your medications.


To your health

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your feelings on this blog and any addition information you may have.