Saturday, February 28, 2009

Finished with Chemotherapy, Ya!!

This week has been a great week for me. I have finished the 52 week regimen of Herceptin.
My chemo nurse, Leisa, said I am only the second person she has administered Herceptin to that has been able to get the full 52 week regimen. I had to take a 3 month break from July to September because it caused my infarction rate to drop below 50 (the second time I had to stop) but based on the fact that all the research I have read stated finishing the full 52 weeks gave you the highest percentage in results of effectiveness I felt it was worth continuing until I got the full 52 weeks. The damage to the heart should only be temperary and the heart infarction rate should continue to increase back up to normal. My sister, husband and I went out to dinner to celebrate. Now all I have left if the anti-hormone therapy, Femara, for 4 more years. I have a good feeling that I will not have a reaccurance of the breast cancer. There were times I really did not know if all the treatments would really make that much difference but I do believe they will. All I can say at this point is "It is over". I will be listing the other organizations that I started listing and please check back for them. I just had to let everyone know the good news. Health, Wealth, and Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know your feelings on this blog and any addition information you may have.